Welcome to the online course for learning how to write and speak Dagbanli/Dagbani. This and all courses on the website are FREE and available for multiple retakes.
Dagbani is a language spoken by the Dagombas, primarily located in Ghana. The Dagombas are one of the most widespread and numerous peoples of Northern Ghana. They have two principal centres, Tamale and Yendi, centred in the Northern territories.
The language, Dagbanli, or Dagbani (English/Colonial version), is widely known as a first language in north-eastern Ghana.
You can take the course without enrolling or creating an account. Click the ‘Curriculum’ tab to view all lessons.
Disclaimer: We are not an academic source of learning the language and do not claim to be. We do not represent a source for higher language acquisition nor a source of study for official language tests. What we are is an initiative to digitize the Dagbanli language and culture and to seek support from professionals in creating quality content. Every lesson is up for review and as such, we welcome all corrections and suggestions.
- What Is The Dagbanli Language?
- What Is The Difference Between Dagbanli and Dagbani
- Dagban Bachi (Dagbanli Alphabets)
- Numbers In Dagbanli (1 to 100)
- Everyday Greetings and Responses in Dagbanli
- Verbs (Part 1) – First, Second and Third Person Verbs
- 20 Everyday Verbs – Part 1
- Everyday Nouns (Part 1) – Nouns In The Home